Cellular concrete is a Portland based slurry which combines Portland cement with a foaming agent. These are mixed to produce a lightweight low density cellular concrete. cellular concrete finds application in backfill of pipes, tunnels, abandonments, and void fills of all types. This technique offers huge advantages in job costs, time savings, and performance compared to traditional concrete products. Cellular concrete is highly cost effective and offers the following advantages:
• Uninterrupted continuous flow up to 100 yards/hr. Much more effective than “dosing” partial truck loads with foam.
• Material costs savings of 20-30% versus typical slurry mixes.
• High Strength/Low Density. Typical cast densities range from 25-120 pcf with compression strengths of 20-3000 psi. With
• Production Densities form 30-140 pounds per cubic foot (PCF)
• Complete void fill in all conditions.
• Continuous real-time monitoring and control mix densities.
• Pump voids in 8” or larger diameter pipes up to 2 mile lengths.
Applications for Cellular Grouting
• Annular Grout For Tunnels, Water, storm & Sewer Lines
• Tunnel Backfill and Annular Fills
• Grout Underground Tanks
• Abandoned Pipelines (water, sewer, power, storm, transmission and gas)
• Bridge Approach & Landslip Repair
• Retaining Wall Backfill
Time Savings using Cellular Grouting
The application of cellular concrete can be a great time saver over conventional ground treatment methods for settlement free construction.
• No waiting period for consolidation of subsoils eliminating the need for surcharging.
• No need for removal and replacement with large amounts of borrow soils.
• Removal of minimal amount of soil to be replaced with cellular concrete.
• Can be applied directly on existing marginal ground such as peat or poor soils.
• Reduce and eliminating the need for piling, Sand drains, or grade beams.
• Deeper placement of lifts, due to reduced lateral loading in the compaction steps.
• Eliminate the need to correct completed construction which has settled.
Cost Savings using Cellular Grouting
Cellular concrete is an economically viable solution, particularly in large volume
applications. Its use can also have an effect on other aspects of construction.
• Mix designs or tailor-made for the project in budget requirements.
• Minimal lateral loading enables reduced building costs for earth retaining structures
• Construction on more ground reducing the need for piled foundations.
• Lower maintenance cost because durability of cellular concrete and lack
• Innovative methods to correct subsidence in lieu of expensive treatments.
• High volume equipment with rapid installation produces installed unit cost.
• Recyclable for green development projects.
Click the following pressure grouting topics for more information...
© 2019 Jensen's Concrete Line Pumping, Inc. in Marietta, Georgia
Jensen's Services Include
“Serving the Southeast”